Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Repurposed Drawer


 This is the first drawer I bought at a Restore.  I have finished several drawer redos but this one I could not get the vision of what it wanted to be.  After a 3am Pinterest search I found some inspiration.
 
Buy Newark Multi Drawer Cubby from the Next UK online shopLabeled Cubby StorageThese beauties were the inspiration for what I finally did.  I am a true beginner and these were out of my comfort zone.  Maybe with some more experience I can create a masterpiece like these two.





I had a really difficult time getting the shelf level.  I measured, and measured and measured some more.  I finally got it level and attached.  I glued it in and then added small screws from each side.  That shelf is not moving.  I had originally planned on dividing each shelf perpendicularly.  I have to be honest I probably need some more practice before that happens.  I did not like how unfinished it looked at this point.
                                           It needed something else and since cubbies were
                                           out of my skill I added some trim.
                                         This is after the trim was added.  I like it much better now.
                                         I painted it white and then want to add a little extra color.
                                         The orange and white paper that is behind the shelves in the
                                         picture is just paper wrapped around foam board.  I like the
                                         look so much that I am thinking about making it permanent.
                                         I am going to hang it on the wall in the kitchen.  When I get it hung
                                         I will post more pictures.
 
 
 
                http://www.52mantels.com/
I was so impressed by these link parties !
 

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this drawer! Isn't Pinterest great for inspiration?! Love the white with the pink polk a dots. Thanks so much for sharing at the Blog Hop! Hope to see you back :)

    Katie @ http://www.thecasualcraftlete.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation! I would LOVE to have you share this at my link party going on!http://www.madetobeamomma.com/2013/08/homemade-by-you-64.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! A great original piece of home decor - and upcycled too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job. You're too hard on yourself. Repuposing isn't about PERFECT-tion but CREATE-tion!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at the Inky Linky. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

    Christy
    www.inklingsandyarns.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I love your drawer! Adding the extra trim made all the difference in the world... very clever.
    catching you! thanks for linking up and linking back to catch as catch can

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good upcycle and this is a great one! So clever and the perfect size!

    ReplyDelete