Sunday, September 15, 2013

Desk Makeover Part 1

I have a wonderful oversized desk that my husband bought me for Valentine's Day awhile back.
The good thing about it is there is a lot of room to work, the bad side is that there is a lot of room to junk up.  I have been using the desk more since I have started blogging.  I have been blogging on a 15inch laptop.  I had a monitor/tv that was larger that we had used as the kitchen tv in our last house.
I knew I could hook up the laptop to the monitor and it would make blogging more fun.
In order to do that I needed a desk makeover.
 One of the things that my desk needed was a clipboard. I have a oversized one at work and I love it.
Not long ago at the Restore (Beaumont) I found an old desk writing surface. The desk was long gone.
Someone had already tried to repurpose it but gave up.  So I bought it and brought it home for my desk redo.

I restained it and attached a clip to it.  I put it on an easel so that it can be turned around and still be attractive.  Sometimes I don't want to put my notes and ramblings up but if company is coming. I don't want to leave them out.  The solution is the reversible clipboard. I can just flip it over and it looks like art.
On the back of the board I decoupaged the dust cover of the 1975 Atlas I recently got at an estate sale.
The dust cover was torn but I salvaged just enough to cover my board.
I think this is a great start to my desk redo.  More coming soon!
                                                                    Party Links
                                                    http://bebetsy.com/2013/09/16/brag-22/

9 comments:

  1. Thanks! Come back later this week I will have more of my desk makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, really cool idea, I love anything with maps on it ;)
    Just popping by from Creative Monday
    Laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea. It looks great! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and what a great idea. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. I love it. Thanks for sharing at our Thursday Favorite Things blog Hop.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you've done so far! Can't wait to see more of the makeover! Thanks for sharing at TTF!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to have it on both sides. We sometimes forget the little details like that- Thank you so much for linking up your Thrifty Upcycle with us at Get Your DIY On- I hope you'll join us today and link up any spray painting projects you have had :) Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete