Monday, September 16, 2013

Desk Makeover Part 2

After


Before
This is my desk before the makeover.  I am blogging on a 15 inch hot pink Barbie computer. I have a much larger monitor that I have not hooked up.  I went to buy a monitor shelf a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at the cost.  Of course my brain went on RED ALERT!  I could make a monitor shelf with my superior wood working skills, or I could assemble some junk and screw it together, slop on some paint and blog about it.  The second option won out.
I went to the garage and found the perfect old cabinet door.  Just the right size.  I got this one from Craftdictator.blogspot.com who is one of my favorite bloggers.  She scored some free doors and drawers on Craigslist and shared with me.  You should visit her blog and check out the table she and I made with the same haul.
I removed all the hardware and nails and was ready to create.
I had found four short legs at the Restore a while back and they were just waiting for this project.  I screwed them into predrilled holes and they were perfect.
Another view!
There was a gap that I did not like. Back to the garage where I found some small molding that I had used on another project.
Some paint and glue and I was very happy!
Here is the finished project.  It is the perfect size to slide the laptop under.
Party Links


6 comments:

  1. Looks great! So much better than the ream of paper my screen sits on. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this, love the color too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for the love! Folks like you make blogging fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! I love how you trimmed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all these repurposing things you do. I want!! I need! I want to do this, too. Lord knows I have enough crap, I mean junk, to make stuff out of...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative!! My monitor sits on a box that I covered with my favorite paper. I really like it -but your idea is much more fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete