Sunday, September 22, 2013

Postcard Love


I love old postcards! Well really I LOVE old Texas postcards the best.  I have framed postcards that are precious to me.  Last week my dear friend was cleaning out a closet at her church and found some old Texas postcards.  She knew I would love them.  They arrived in the mail and I almost had to call in sick the next day because I was obsessing what I was going to craft with the cards. I really wanted to decoupage with the cards but they were too thick. 

At this point the copy machine at Kinko's became helpful.  I made copies of the post cards I wanted to use. 
On the way home I stopped at Hobby Lobby for some Mod Podge.
Now all I needed was to find something to apply the postcards to.
I went to the junkiest garage in Texas and found the perfect thing.
I bought this big tin at a flea market in Waco, Texas about a year ago.  It is large and heavy but I could never figure out what to do with it. I love the bottom but the top had serious issues.  
I love how it turned out.  I did not repaint the bottom. I decoupaged the copies of the postcards to the top.  I like the vintage feel of it.  
This maybe where it lives for awhile.  This is a tea cart that I refinished awhile back.  The suitcase fit on the bottom shelf perfectly.  That was really important because when I got the cart the bottom shelf was missing and I made a shelf out of left over plywood.  I did not want to paint the cart so the suitcase was a great solution.  The suitcase and tin are now where I am storing old family pictures.
Where I am partying:
Photobucket
http://www.myrepurposedlife.com/
shttp://www.commonground-do.com/siveandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/09/wreath-holder.htmlNEWDIYBUTTON

10 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! Don't forget to link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out! Decoupage is one of my favorite crafts.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute and fun idea. . Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this project Rhonda! I also love old postcards and this came out wonderful, Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Thanks so much for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rhonda! Wanted to thank you again for linking up to Get Your DIY On, and also wanted to let you know I am featuring this project on my blog today- Stop on over at 4:00 to see it and link up any of your spray paint projects! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rhonda! Wanted to thank you again for linking up to Get Your DIY On, and also wanted to let you know I am featuring this project on my blog today- Stop on over at 4:00 to see it and link up any of your spray paint projects! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love your collections! I am a collector too but now am interested in making my own postcards. I found a link online and its really helping but I still don't have any idea what theme to use. By the way, By the way, if you know anyone in need of a printing company that prints good quality, affordable and easy to find in the internet. Just check on this link: http://www.printing4u.com/pages/dallas-postcard-printing . I find this site worth the recommendation. Anyways, I feel inspired by your collections, I feel like I miss collecting already. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete