Thursday, September 5, 2013

University of Texas Table

This is a simple table that I built for the secretary at my school.  She is a University of Texas fan and her office is decorated in burnt orange and white. I built it using scrap board from another table I made, four spindles and a cabinet door from the Restore in Dallas, Tx.
I have very basic woodworking skills.  The way I did this is very primitivc and self taught.  One of my goals is to learn to use a Kreg Jig so I can improve my skills.  But being a little impulsive (or a lot) I made this the way I know how.

I started by cutting and building a rectangle and then adding the four legs.  I simply screwed the legs to the wood. I used the clamps I bought at the Beaumont, Tx Restore for the first time.

I then attached the cabinet door to the base.  I used wood filler to cover up the holes that I had drilled.
                                                        It is sanded and ready to paint!


The chevrons were made using Frogtape that is precut in a chevron design.  It was very easy to use and there is a lot in a package.  I have used it for a large table, this table and have enough left for several more projects.
http://www.glitterglueandpaint.com/throwback-thursday-5/
http://www.myrepurposedlife.com/
http://www.52mantels.com/
http://www.livelaughrowe.com
http://www.thecasualcraftlete.com
http://www.sweethaute.blogspot.com
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
 Share Your Cup Party at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Live Laugh Linky at Live Laugh Rowe
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/
http://www.redouxinteriors.com/2013/09/link-party-120-and-les-features/
Saturday Show and Tell at Cheerios and LattesSaturday Nite Special at Funky Junk InteriorsA Bouquet of Talent Party at Life on Lakeshore DriveStrut Your Stuff Party at Six Sisters' StuffShow and Tell Saturday at Sassy little LadyGet Schooled Satuday at Too Much Time on My HandsPower of Pinterest Party at Fox Hollow CottageYour Great Idea Party at Or So She SaysOverflowing with Creativity party at It's OverflowingCraft Country Cottage Party at Old Red BarnSaturday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase at Sew-liciousFrom the Farm Blog HopFinding the Pretty and Delicious Linky Party at Your Home Based MomSaturday Sparks Link Party at Pieced Pastimes

24 comments:

  1. WOW, WOMAN...this is fantastic. You did such a great job on it.
    I am about to become your newest follower.
    Over from Mrs. Olson

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, and you may not realize that you have your Word Verification ON....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you did a bang up job. My hubby and I belong to a woodworking guild here in our city and we have a Kreg Jig and all the tools at our fingertips. There are so many skilled workers who are members too and classes, we love it. The secretary should LOVE it.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. This table had an amazing transformation! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute and I love the orange! Thanks for linking up to the DIY Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is adorable. I had no idea that they made chevron tape! good to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We found it at Loew's and it is amazing.

      Delete
  7. This is great! I love that you actually made this and it isn't just a paint job! I'm looking to set up my studio soon so I can start building my own furniture designs :0 Thanks for sharing this week at the Making Monday party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a studio. Currently my "workshop" shares the garage with two cars. My husband has this weird idea that cars should be parked in the garage. Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. You did a great job. Smart idea to use a cabinet door for the top. I bet it looks fabulous in her office! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cabinet doors. They can be repurposed so many ways. Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the kind words. Thanks for coming by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is this table, I love the door top! My husband needs one of these for his name cave!
    I have a Furniture/Paint Party Everything Thursday which goes live Wednesday at 8 PM MST. I would Love for you to come link up!

    Hope to see you soon,

    Brooke
    startathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This doesn't look primitive to me. I love it- the design, and the colors, everything! I've got it pinned to try out. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Yay for old cupboard doors - I've used them for that too! :) Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How amazing! I wish I was handy enough to just change out the P-trap under my sink without breaking into a cold sweat. I work at UT, and while I'm not a sports gal, it's hard not to feel at home when I see that burnt orange.

    Here through Texas Women Bloggers' sweet tea social!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! I love the Texas Women Blogger's Sweet Tea Social!

      Delete
  14. How wonderful that you made it yourself!! Awesomeness! For your inventiveness, I am pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW...I am so so impressed!!!! Thank you for sharing! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your table came out great! I love that shape tape. Makes life so much easier. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love your table! You did a fabulous job. Thank you so much for sharing this week at A Bouquet of Talent. I just featured it at Pick of the Bunch. I also pinned and tweeted. :)

    I also followed you on all social media sites, too! Love your awesome blog. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fun ... I love the orange! I featured it at the Project Inspire{d} party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is an amazing transformation!Love it. Pinning your project. Thanks for sharing @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete