Saturday, September 7, 2013

Liebster Award



Yesterday was not a stellar day at work! It was the usual kind of day after a holiday. Busy, lots of needy folks, and a long to do list.  When I got home something amazing had happened.  No the satellite TV was not repaired(Direct TV is driving me crazy), no the house had not been cleaned, and I had not won the Lotto! But I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by Denise at http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com .

You are probably asking what a Liebster Award is? It is a blogger to blogger award, when you receive it you have to nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 readers, "liebster" by the way is dearest in German.
The award it to encourage new or small bloggers.
Along with the honor of the award you have to answer eleven questions and then ask eleven questions of your awardees.

And here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award, for all the lovely blogs I've chosen...
1} You must link back to the person who nominated you.

2} You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.

3} You must pick 11 bloggers, each with under 200 subscribers, to be nominated for the award.

4} You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.

5} You must go their blogs and notify them of their nomination.
 
Here are the question I am to answer:
1} If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which one would you choose?
I would have lived in the early 1920s and been part of the Jazz Age.
2} What is your favorite blog post that you've written?
http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/08/redo-tub.html
3} What is your favorite book ever? 
To Kill A Mockingbird/ The Shell Seekers/ A Time to Kill.  I can't limit myself to just one.
4} If you could meet any famous person, who would it be and why?
I always wanted to be on the Oprah show but not because my husband was ________(fill in the blank with any number of awful things) and he wanted to tell me about it on national TV.
5} Why do you blog?
I like connecting with people who get what I like to do and I am a little bit of a showoff.
6} What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
General Hospital
7} Where is the best place you've ever been to?
San Fransisco or any beach!
8} What's inspiring you the most these days?
DIY blogs and Pinterest
9} What is your favorite childhood memory?
Getting my first dog.
10} If your life was a movie, what would it be called?
On The Road Again
11} What is the last song you listened to?
The Lion King (I was NOT in charge of the music)
 
My nominees are: There are only 5 here, I having been stressing about this. I will add more tomorrow!
http://daffodilsathome.com/
http://peanutlifeadventures.blogspot.com
http://whimsyrenee.blogspot.com
http://www.craftdictator.com
http://bemadedesigns.blogspot.com
 
And their questions are:
  1. What is your favorite crafting tool?
  2. Why do you blog?
  3. Where is your fantasy vacation destination?
  4. What is your favorite piece of clothing this month?
  5. Who helped shape you into the creative individual you are?
  6. What is your favorite movie of all time?
  7. Finish this statement: When I cook I ....
  8. Who is your hero?
  9. What blog inspired you to blog, or inspires you now as a blogger?
  10. What super power would you like to have?
  11. What is your favorite color? (oldie  but goodie)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination, Rhonda! Looking forward to spreading the blog love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Have a great blogging week!

    ReplyDelete